Lance Storm blogs about WM XXX and the Undertaker streak ending

Lance Storm blogs about WM XXX and the streak ending

klik 👉 Follow Telegram BeritaUp2date (large-bt)



As some of you may know I did not see this year's WrestleMania XXX.

I was on vacation in Hawaii with my wife, and opted to sit on Waikiki beach to watching this event.

I will eventually see the event but in the mean time I need to run down my prediction results and see how I did.


Despite coming off of my all time best 75% accuracy rate the last two years my 8 year average is a depressing 54%. This year is not going to help matters much.

Let's take a look at the match by match.

HHH vs. Daniel Bryan:

I picked Bryan to win, which I'm sure pretty much everyone did and he did, so I'm off to a great start.


It's amazing how much shit HHH gets from the Internet crowd about not putting people over, because I'm pretty sure he's been on the losing end of more than half of his WrestleMania matches. I'm 1-0 out of the gate.

The Shield vs. Kane & The New Age Outlaws:

I certainly didn't predict this match to be this short but I picked the Shield to win and they did.


Again not exactly the hardest prediction but I'll take a win anywhere I can. The Shield is on fire, beating them here would have been insane. I'm 2-0 so far Believe in the Shield.

Andre Battle Royal:

I made a few predictions involving this match because they hadn't even announced all of the participants.



Cesaro, was an unannounced participant and won, so as I stated in my prediction commentary I'm not including this match in my over all percentage. It may seem like a cop out, but I made my case clear well before the event. I'm still technically 2-0

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt:

I picked Bray in this match figuring it was a pretty safe bet.


I thought Bray could really use this win and defeating John Cena would be the big upset of the show. As it turned out Wyatt could have submitted Cena in 2 minutes and it still wouldn't have been the upset of the show. Cena wins and I'm now 2-1

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar:

I thought this was the safest pick of the night. Taker winning is my one sure pick every year, so pick him I did. Well...Brock Lesnar broke the Streak in the biggest upset in WrestleMania history, probably the biggest upset there ever will be at WrestleMania. Undertaker's record drops to 21-1 and I drop to 2-2.

Divas Invitational:

This was a crap shoot with 14 women in this match. I picked Summer Rae for the win but in hind sight I really should have picked AJ to retain. Winning a title in a cluster of a match like this is fairly pointless so having AJ retain to drop the title in a regular match on RAW was really the smart impactful way of doing it. I think in future I'll remember to pick the champ to retain in matches like this in the future. I'm now 2-3

Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan:

I picked Bryan in this one and thank God he pulled it off. From all accounts this was an awesome match and a great conclusion to the show. I think this was the right call and it also saved my ass and kept me at 500 for the night I end the show 3-3 due to throwing out the Battle Royal result. Congrats to Daniel Bryan for gettign to book end a WrestleMania with awesome matches in the opener and the main event.

So with a poor showing this year my stats over 9 years are as follows: Mania 22: 63% Mania 23: 63% Mania 24: 44% Mania 25: 50% Mania 26: 20% Mania 27: 38% Mania 28: 75% Mania 29: 75% Mania 30: 50% Average: 53%


In closing I just want to comment a bit on the Undertaker's streak being broken because a lot of people seemed pretty upset and asked me for my thoughts.

In the end I believe it was Undertaker's call to end the streak.

I doubt Vince would ask him to do it and I certainly don't believe he would ever insist or try to force him to, so Taker had to be on board and want to do it this way.

In that case I don't think anyone has any right to second guess this decision. The Undertaker has more than earned the right to end his career and conclude his run at WrestleMania anyway he sees fit.

Furthermore going out on his back with a loss just makes me respect the man even more, which I didn't think was possible.

Losing on the way out, especially when you don't have to, is the most professional thing you can do. If there ever was a "Time Honoured Tradition" in this business, this is it.

Austin lost his last WrestleMania match to The Rock, Rock (assuming he is done) lost his last WrestleMania match to Cena, Flair lost his last Mania match Michaels, Michaels lost his last Mania match to Taker, and I assume this is Taker's last Mania match and he lost to Brock.

Getting to go out on the grandest stage of them all is the best possible way to end a career and doing so on your back, the most profession.

No one has ever questioned The Undertaker's professionalism, and thus no one should be questioning this finish. The only thing people should be saying is "Thank you Taker"

Lance

Kongsikan artikel ini:

Ikuti kami di Facebook, Twitter, dan Telegram untuk berita terkini setiap hari.
klik 👉 https://t.me/BeritaUp2Date



Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.