WWE Legend Ultimate Warrior dies at 54

Genuinely shocked to hear of Warrior's passing this morning.Thanks for the memories Warrior. Glad to see the WWE do right by you this weekend.Gone But Never Forgotten

TMZ notes that The Ultimate Warrior posed for photos with fans at the airport in New Orleans around 6am on Tuesday morning. He was said to be in great spirits and offered to take photos with any fan who approached him.


As noted, Warrior collapsed outside of an Arizona hotel shortly before 6pm on Tuesday, while walking with his wife.

He was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Fellow 2014 Hall of Famer Jake Roberts commented on Twitter:


"Deeply saddened. We just had a great talk & buried a senseless hatchet. Talked working together. RIP Warrior. Taking solace we made peace."


Woke up to this incredibly sad news.

I can remember my youth. When I got into wrestling at the age of 5, I was drawn to Hulkamania (as were most during the time) the patriotism, the strength, the good guy persona...a few years later, we were introduced to The Ultimate Warrior.

Suddenly, my fandom began shifting. I was in awe of this character from "Parts Unknown" - The war paint, the mystery behind him, the promos (I understood them back then...I think), the strength. This was my guy now. I went from a Hulkamaniac to a "Little Warrior". For years I'd watch him do battle with the big names in the WWF. For years I'd throw my support behind him. This was my guy!


It is well documented (as you know) that his departure with WWE was sour. Words were thrown, DVDs were made. I didn't care. It didn't change the fact that he was my guy. Warrior symbolized hope. It was ok to be different, to speak different, to dress different. It was ok to be a little weird.


I was as proud as anyone to see The Ultimate Warrior go into the Hall Of Fame on Saturday. Even as an adult, I thought to myself "there's my guy". My fandom had paid off. He and Vince had made up. How great is it to know that one of the things that truly caused him pain was reconciled before his passing?
On Saturday night, every "Little Warrior" went into the HOF along with Jim. Our guy had made it.

I can't help but see his beautiful little girls sitting front row as their father was honored . It pains me to know that they will grow up without their dad. If my words could ever reach their ears, I'd like them to know how incredibly grateful I am to have witnessed their dad's legacy become what it is today.


Yesterday we lost our guy. I keep hoping that maybe this is some sort of "work". Hoping in a scripted world that now that things have been repaired with Vince that Jim put the Warrior to rest and will simply be known as "dad" from now on. - Jay Marrero


If you were a WWF fan in the late 80s this man was GOD. His heavy metal hair, off the charts intensity, over the top promos and unbelievable intensity made the #ULTIMATEWARRIOR one of my top three superstars at the time and a true childhood hero.

I'll always remember watching him run to the ring in Winnipeg and Shake the ropes, running back and forth and blowing himself completely up before the match even begun. Then he went on and beat Andre The Giant in 30 seconds.

Who could do that??? WARRIOR could! I still Can't believe it. After 20 years of feuding with Vince he makes peace, goes into the HOF, comes back on RAW and dies the next day? I only met him once back in '98 in WCW and he was very cool to me.

Told me he was a big fan of my work, even though I was a nobody at the time. God bless you Jim Hellwig....I will #ALWAYSBELIEVE!!! - Chris Jericho

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.